Pork Medallions with Vanilla Fig Balsamic and Pearl Onion & Pear Hash (substitute duck breasts)
- 1 1/2 to 2 lbs of center cut boneless pork loin cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 Tbls of Olive oil
- 1Tbls unsalted butter
- 2 almost ripe pears, halved, cored, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 10 oz bag of pear onions (blanched if not frozen)
- 4 medium Yukon Gold potatoes (1 1/2 lbs), boiled until tender, cut into 1 1/4-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons chopped sage
- 3/4 cup of chicken broth
- 1/2 cup Vanilla Fig Balsamic Vinegar
Season pork slices generously with salt and pepper. Heat oil and butter in a large skillet over med heat. Add pork and saute each side until golden about 3 to 4 minutes. Remove and keep warm on a plate tented with foil. Turn heat up a bit and add pearl onions, pears, and potatoes; saute until they begin to brown about 5 minutes. Stir in sage; season with salt and pepper. Transfer to a bowl and keep warm.
Heat same skillet over high heat. Add broth and vinegar. Boil until reduced to a glaze, about 4 to 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
Divide hash among plates, top with pork medallions. Drizzle with the glaze and serve.
- Iris’ Beef (variations) w/ Traditional Balsamic Vinegar Marinade (gourmetblends.wordpress.com)
- Roasted Asparagus with Traditional Balsamic Vinegar & Meyer Lemon Olive Oil (gourmetblends.wordpress.com)
- Iris’ Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms with Goat Cheese and Traditional Balsamic Vinegar (gourmetblends.wordpress.com)
- Iris’ Endive, Pear, Orange and Almond Summer Salad w/ Black Currant Balsamic Vinegar & Blood Orange Olive Oil (gourmetblends.wordpress.com)
- Iris’ Pork Chops with Vanilla Fig Balsamic Vinegar and Fresh Rosemary (gourmetblends.wordpress.com)
- Ann’s Grilled Peach Kabobs w/ Vanilla Fig Balsamic Vinegar (gourmetblends.wordpress.com)
- Chicken Breasts with Onions and Raspberry Balsamic Vinegar Glaze (gourmetblends.wordpress.com)